To Be a warrior is to be self-possessed, centered, acutely aware, and empty. It is a very particular state of mind, one which focuses on the moment, free of doubts and idle speculations. "In a world where death is the hunter, my friend there is not time for regrets or doubts. There is only time for decisions".
- Via Uncle Jim
1. In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams
2. If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -- Mark Twain
3. Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But then I repeat myself. -- Mark Twain
4. I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
5. A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -- George Bernard Shaw
6. A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money. -- G. Gordon Liddy
7. Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. -- James Bovard , Civil Libertarian (1994)
8. Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries. -- Douglas Casey , Classmate of Bill Clinton at Georgetown University
9. Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke , Civil Libertarian
10. Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. -- Frederic Bastiat , French economist(1801-1850)
11. Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. -- Ronald Reagan (1986)
12. I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. -- Will Rogers
13. If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke
14. In general, the art of government consists of taking as much money as possible from one party of the citizens to give to the other. -- Voltaire (1764)
15. Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you! -- Pericles (430 B.C.)
16. No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session. -- Mark Twain (1866)
17. Talk is cheap...except when Congress does it. -- Anonymous
18. The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. -- Ronald Reagan
19. The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of the blessings. The inherent blessing of socialism is the equal sharing of misery. -- Winston Churchill
20. The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain
21. The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. -- Herbert Spencer , English Philosopher (1820-1903)
22. There is no distinctly Native American criminal class...save Congress. -- Mark Twain
23. What this country needs are more unemployed politicians. -- Edward Langley , Artist (1928-1995)
24. A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
25. We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. -- Aesop
FIVE BEST SENTENCES
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for...another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work, because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation!
Rules For The Gunman From Gabe Suarez
1). Don't carry the gun to make you a man. Carry because you are in fact a man.
2). Always carry your gun regardless of social pressures
3). If you can't physically carry a gun, always have a knife.
4). Whenever you carry a gun, also carry a knife...and some spare ammunition.
5). Carry the gun you can use best regardless of social fashion
6). Make sure you are good with that gun through continual and obsessive practice
7). Don't bluff or threaten with the gun. If you pull it, be certain you are justified and willing to use it.
8). Using it means shooting the other man or men in the chest and/or the face. Yes, it means killing.
9). If you can avoid having to shoot, it is a good thing, but do not second guess yourself once it has begun.
10). To facilitate the former, do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.
11). If you are involved in such activities, take a team with you....and rifles.
12). The default should be to mind your own business.
13). The only time minding your own business is superceded by getting involved is if what you see shocks the conscience of humanity and needs to be stopped.
14). The amount of violence you can justify and the number of rules you can break is directly proportionate to the level of evil displayed by your adversary.
15). Never apologize for using violence. Not only is it indicative of weakness but also of a lack of moral standing.
Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; the cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education."
- Mark Twain
Take a minute and tell your kids what it's all about. If we don't pass it on, we'll lose them to revisionists.
The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right that Heaven hath ordained.
George Washington - first inaugural address
I don't know who these guys are, but the bowie work looks pretty good. Looks like they are having a good go of it Thomas Sowell is one of the great minds of our time. Here is his take on gun control We stock up on many things, food, ammo, mags, knives, what about memories?
I Do Not Choose To Be A Common Man
By Dean Alfange
I do not choose to be a common man. It is my right to be uncommon— if I can. I seek opportunity not security. I do not wish to be a kept citizen, humbled and dulled by having the state look after me.
I want to take the calculated risk; to dream and to build, to fail and to succeed. I refuse to barter incentive for a dole. I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence; the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of utopia.
I will not trade freedom for beneficence nor my dignity for a handout. I will never cower before any master nor bend to any threat.
It is my heritage to stand erect, proud and unafraid; to think and act for myself, enjoy the benefit of my creations and to face the world boldly and say, "This I have done."
10 Leadership Lessons I Wish I'd Learned in My 20's
"The most dangerous man to any government is the one who is able to think things out, without regard to prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, intolerable."
“Strong people are harder to kill, and more useful in general.”
“Cogito, ergo armatum sum.”
The concept of Distance from Disorder is becoming more well known, and it should, here is another way of looking at it Defense in depth is about more than just, well, defense, here's a way to purify water for drinking that is brilliant and low tech Our country is past the point of no return, but our people are not. Choose you this day a future to own. We've all heard, or said, I'll sleep when I'm dead. Here's another study showing how stupid that idea is most of the time
You've gotta surround yourself with people who are better than you. They'll drag you up toward their level.
— Charles Staley
Assume all responsibility for everything that's happened or has failed to happen to you. Once you do, you become empowered.
— Matt Kroc
The Three Rules of Special Forces (via Redteams.net)
1.Always look cool.
2.Never get lost.
3.If you get lost, look cool.
But do you know what they actually mean? Here's Jason (founder of GORUCK and a veteran of the 10th Group Special Forces) explanation:
Look Cool - Most people think that it’s about how you look, and it is. But it’s much more that that. It means when “…Hell descends down on you….slow it down…and be cool. When shot’s are being fired, don’t lose your mind, don’t lose control….just be cool.”
Never Get Lost – Be confident, be smart, learn your trade. Whatever your job is, be skilled at it. If it’s Land Navigation, then learn EVERYTHING there is about Land Navigation. Be passionate about what you do.
When You Get Lost / Look Cool – “Simply means this, when the world descends upon you, and it will…Look Cool. You need to look cool because inside you’re not going to feel cool. It’s much easier to take control of a situation and the folks around you when you “look cool”.
If you are interested in training for executive protection work and are in the Cleveland Ohio area join me in May for ISA's course. Do you run a tourniquet in your kit? No? you have a whole different set of issues, if you do take a look at this from ITStactical on repacking the SOFTT-W model Speaking of bacon, here's a look at how Europeans view the American breakfast, pistols laid wrong and I'd take one more egg, oh yeah, and who cares what they think?